Monday, August 9, 2010

Just a quick thought...

Today in Young Women's we had an awesome lesson on service. She had us read Mosiah 2:17 "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." This is one of my favorite scriptures.

I know that doing service is very important. Our Heavenly Father has work to do through us. That is just so neat to think about. I am not very good at doing service for others, but when I do I feel so good inside and my testimony is strengthened. Service doesn't have to be some huge miraculous thing. It can be as simple as picking up a pencil for someone who dropped it. I know that if I do service for others I will be blessed.

My mom once told me that she prayed to her Heavenly Father asking him to give her opportunities to serve someone. The next day she saw an old lady in the parking lot of walmart having a hard time putting her groceries away. My mom went over and helped her. She told how that little act of service strengthened her testimony so much, and she was also able to help someone.

my goal is to do at least one act of service a day. I know that if I do I will be blessed and gain a stronger testimony.

2 comments:

  1. Your so smart Shelby! Gosh I wish I had your brain!:) Well please follow me I'm now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelby Ray Lara You are AMAZING!!!!! i look up to you and your wonderful testimony! You are such an wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete